Thursday, July 3, 2008

Grandpa

Erik came over last night bringing me a page showing when my Grandpa Haggen came over to the US with my Grandmother. It was so exciting to see the date as well as a picture of the ship they sailed on. Grandpa actually lived in the US and obtained his citizenship June 18, 1913. He then went over to Norway on a mission. At the end of his mission he came back to the US. They left April 21, 1923 on the Stavangerfjord and arrived May 1, 1923. It was fun to see both their names on the list of people who came through Ellis Island. The house is at a stand still right now. Mike and Nicole are in California and he is the head contractor! I've done all I can (insulation) until they put up the drywall. I have been taking care of their yard while they are gone. They put it on the market hoping to make some money to build a new one. Lots of luck to them.

No comments: