Sunday, July 27, 2008
Yourself
What a nice weekend it was. I went to the movie the Emma Smith Story last night with Nicole, her mom, Whitney, and Shawnee. There was a part in the movie that rang true for me. When Lucy was talking to Joseph after one of their children had died and he was watching Emma out the window mourning her loss. Joseph said, "She is a strong women!" Then Lucy in return said, "Being a strong person is often lonely." Or close to those words. How many of us appear to be strong yet we are so lonely? I had to give a talk today about who we are. I hope what I said helped those who listened. I know I came away with a greater sense of who I am. I remember all those times when mom or dad would say, "Remember who you are." as we were leaving the house. Good words to ponder on. I loved the praise from the 'Princess Diaries' "Pray to see yourself as He sees you." On that note, I pray you will all see yourself as He sees you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was a really good talk that you gave. Your and inspiration to a lot of people.
Post a Comment