Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekend

Guess What? Yes today is my birthday. Do I feel older? NO! It has been a calm day. I took Kirk back to school this morning at 7:00, got back at 11:00, went to church, came home and took a nap, and now I am sitting here pondering on my life. For the most part it has been very rewarding. A few turbulent moments but those are the moments when I have to trust in the Lord. I know I would not be able to handle all that comes my way without the help of my Savior. Kirk came home on Friday for the weekend. He kept wanting to go to the Red Apple and I kept putting him off. At about 6:20 he had a major seizure again. I am so grateful we were home and not in the store. I had taken him outside for a few minutes and the wind was blowing. It wasn't too hot but his body over heated. When he came in to go to the bathroom he started seizing while sitting on the toilet. I carefully laid him on the floor and tried to cool him off with at wet rag. Needless to say we didn't go to the Red Apple that night. However, the first words out of his mouth on Saturday morning were, "Red Apple, Shoes". I finally gave in and we went to Red Apple. Of course he had to buy a bag of cat food, AND WE DON'T EVEN OWN A CAT!!! What do I do with the cat food? I let him take it back to school and let them try and take it away from him. Needless to say when Kirk comes home my weekend is a lot busier but interesting.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow its does sound busy!! It was good to see you again! I definately think you are a saint! It must run in the family! You are truely an amazing woman and wonderful example!

nina said...

I started laughing when I read the bit about the cat food. That is so funny, I had no idea that he liked to go shopping.

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

I think that you are the best Mom ever to keep buying the cat food. Now be the best businessman and buy stock in Purina