Tuesday, June 10, 2008

If Walls could Talk




The other day while Mike and I were removing plaster and chicken wire from the walls, Mike found two old license plates nailed to the studs. He was so excited. One was a 1929 WY. and a 1931 WY one. They were both in great condition (can't imagine why!). Well, anyway Mike gets to keep them for finding them. As I was tearing off the walls I thought, and I wonder what history is behind all the walls. How many fingers, arms that look like being hit by shrapnel (like mine) and thumbs were hammered? How long did it take them to redo the old garage into livable space? Who helped? It really made me think of my Grandpa Haggen and my dad the whole time we have been doing this project.

2 comments:

KrIStiN said...

hey Geraldine..it's kristin (allred) owens.. i found your blog through shawnees!! hope to talk to you soon

Linda said...

Oh my! what a project. I can't wait to see what it looks like when your done. Your Mom would be so proud.