Okay, all those who read my blog I guess I had better get on the ball and post something, anything! I realize that it has been a while but that is only because I hate getting on my computer and taking the time to write. I write in a journal most days so maybe I can rationalize a little here.
Last week I had the privilege of being the recipient of a service project. I feel so blessed and feel like a load has been lifted off of me. My back yard was covered with plaster, insulation and stuff from the remodel. Every time I looked out the window I would get this sick feeling and wondered how I was going to get it all cleaned up. Well bless my sister in laws heart she mentioned in bishops meeting that I needed it cleaned up. We had a big group of young men and young women over and they had it all on two dump trailers within an hour. It would have taken me all summer to do what they did in one evening. My words could never express my gratitude for this service. I am so grateful for the youth of today. They are awesome!
Shawnee and I had the opportunity to go to Salem Organ for my sister-law's funeral. It was a good trip despite the reason for it. Anna had been sick for a few years. Her kids and husband will miss her.
I am enjoying my house and am slowly getting things put away and I do mean slowly. I noticed that Mike brought back the pine and it is ready to put back up on the walls. It will be fun to see what it looks like with the wood back up.
Service project
Some of Anna's family
Portland temple
No comments:
Post a Comment