Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Bull

Today in Sunday School we were talking about writing in our journals. I have to admit that some days I don't get it done but I do try to write in it often. I find if I don't I will forget what has happened. I guess this is kind of like a journal.
I have had Kirk off and on this past week while Janet and Nicole have been in Washington. It has been fun but let me tell you when he gets his mind set on one thing it is hard to get him to think of anything else. I have taken to locking my pantry door when he is around. Today I thought I would make cookies so I needed to get in there to get the sugar. As soon as I got the door open he comes running over and pushes his way past me. Now picture in your mind a bull charging after its target that would be a good description of him and me the way of the target. He practically ran me over. I tried to pull him out. NO WAY! He is one strong BULL! I just had to laugh because it reminded me of days gone by. I got him out once trying to lock the door behind me but he did the twirl dance and he was right back in there and I on the other side of the door. He spied the crackers! He grabbed the box and turned his back to me. I proceeded to do the twirl dance and he was the one on the outside of the door. I quickly grabbed the box and threw it in there and closed the door! If anyone had witnessed this little dance they would have burst out laughing. I have to admit it is funny but it sure takes a lot of energy to get him out of places he shouldn't be in if he has a mind set to stay there. Oh the stories I can tell.

No comments: