Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thoughts

With my house being stripped to the dirt and only the frame standing many thoughts have come to mind. First, I wondered what it must have been like to have only a dirt floor yet grateful you had a roof over your head. I wonder how Mary must have felt when she had to deliver her son in a stable with dirt floors yet a roof over their heads. I know she felt gratitude. I am feeling that way. How grateful I am to my family who loved me enough to in trust me with this beautiful home. I will always be eternally grateful. Second, it is Christmas time and I have missed putting up the directions. As I thought about this and was watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas, I realized it isn't the directions that make Christmas, "it is so much more." Christmas is a feeling you get when you serve others, it is a feeling you get when you look into the eyes of a child. It is seeing the giving of money to a family in need. It is the prayers offered for one who is sick or needs special blessings. It is the time spent with family and friends. Yes, Christmas is so much more than directions. I want to feel this Christmas! I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for sending His Only Begotten Son so that I might feel the magic of Christmas.

No comments: