Sunday, February 21, 2010

Today I was thinking about the Atonement and all that it entails. I marvel at all that is promised because of this one noble act. I can't even begin to to comprehend all that has been promised to me personally because my Savior was willing to give His life for me and all my weaknesses. However, tonight I want to look at the Atonement in a different light. Yes, He atoned for my sins but I think part of the Atonement must include all the good things we have been blessed with. Sis. Watson in her book, Change your Questions Change your Life challenges us to ask ourselves: "If I really were to remember that there is power in the Atonement for me (healing power, enabling power, purifying power, saving power), what difference would that make in my life? What would I be able to do that I can't do now? If I really were to remember that there is power in the Atonement for me-- What questions would I stop asking? What questions would I start asking? How would my life be different?" I love that part about the enabling power. Because of the Atonement we are enabled (allowed) or it is made possible for us to grow and become like Him. We are not only given the opportunity to be forgiven but we are given the ability to forgive others. We can purify ourselves and become clean. Without the Atonement none of those things would be possible. I know that when I stand back and look at all the wonderful things that are possible because of the Atonement I am eternally grateful to a loving Heavenly Father and for His Son.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

AMEN!! I'm going to have to get that book and read it!! I've heard nothing but good about it!!

Thanks for sharing!

nina said...

Thanks for writing that. I think I take the atonement for granted to often and really forget to stop and think about it and how special it really is.