Saturday, February 6, 2010
New Calling
After years (eight I think) of being the ward chorister I was released last Sunday. Sad day for me. No more arm waving, no more pleading or making others feel guilty for not coming to choir, worrying about who will show up for choir and if I will have enough people to sing, asking people to do special musical numbers even though they are frightened to death, me singing the wrong verse louder than the whole congregation, or choosing songs no one knows but me, just to name a few. Actually I loved my calling and was challenged trying to find music that would help bring the spirit into the meeting. Now where will I sit?
Now, don't think I have been put out to pasture because when I was released I was also called to a new position. Assistant Nursery leader! You heard me, nursery! Anyone who knows me knows that I love children so this will be a great calling for me, but two hours! I will miss attending Relief Society and Sunday School but hopefully we will rotate so all of us can attend at least once a month. I will have to tap into my creative genes (if I have any) to keep the little ones learning about who they are and about their Heavenly Father. During the setting apart Bishop told me seek for understanding of what my purpose is. Now the question is: What is my purpose and what can I teach these precious little ones?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YAY! I loved that calling!
You will be great!! And you most definitely have some creative genes!! :-)
how fun you will do a great job with those little ones
What a relief (?) lol about the release. :) You will be awesome. No doubt about it!
It is definatly weird not having you be chorister. I know you'll love the Nursery and they'll love you. Secretly Richard hopes that they call him as 2nd assistant in the nursery ;-)
Post a Comment