Sunday, August 10, 2008

Twinkle Twinkle

You know that time of evening when the first stars start to appear and you see the first one, do you have the saying, "I wish I may, I wish I might have my wish tonight?" run through your head. Well when I see the stars I think of my son Kirk who learned how to play Twinkle, Twinkle on the piano many years ago and he played for me this weekend. Fun! Hope you enjoy as much as me. If we could capture his learning ability to the verbal language it would be a miracle. He is starting to use more words. The other day he was telling the staff at school he wanted to go home. He kept saying, "Home!" When the staff member ignored him, Kirk went up to her and said, "Speak to me in words!" Do you think he may have heard that before. She just laughed and told him for the hundredth time he was going home on Friday. Thank goodness for great helpers.

1 comment:

Linda said...

He said "Speak to me in words"? That is so cool. To bad a brain scan couldn't tell you everything that he is thinking.