Sunday, September 12, 2010
Change/Principles
The other day while I was sitting in the temple I realized even though my life is always changing one thing that doesn't change are principles. Each one of us is guided by principles. We make choices based on principles. I read a book called, The Traveler's Gift by Andy Andrews. In the book he talks about several principles that governs his life. Here are several quotes from his book I really like:
"My past can never be changed, but I can change the future by changing my actions today. My future is immediate."
"My smile is the key to my emotional makeup. A wise man once said, " I do not sing because I am happy; I am happy because I sing!" When I choose to smile, I become the master of my emotions. Discouragement, despair, frustration, and fear will always wither when confronted by my smile. The power of who I am is displayed when I smile."
"The words of a wise man are like raindrops on dry ground. They are precious and can be quickly used for immediate results. Only the blade of grass that catches a raindrop will prosper and grow, The person who ignores wise counsel is like the blade of grass untouched by the rain- soon to wither and and die."
I know there are so many things others do that help me grow, so I want to be the one who smiles, who seeks wisdom from others and then change the future by changing my actions today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment