Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thanks!

I wanted to say thanks to all who wished me Happy Birthday. I had a very nice day. I went to the temple then did a little shopping and bought each of the grandchildren an outfit to wear on the 4th. When I got home the phone kept me busy and while on the phone my sister Juanita then Richard and Linda came over to visit. I felt so special. I got a call from President and Sister Tingey (Kevin's Mission president). My sister Laretta called and we talked for over an hour. Kevin's sister, Susan also called. It was a wonderful way to be remember. Lloyd gave me a call today. Janet and Nicole made super for me (which was wonderful!). Again, thanks everyone. I've been reading a book on self esteem and I loved this form the book by Mary Jane Woodger: "Self Esteem is given to us through spiritual gifts. It is the development of those gifts once we have discovered them, that we gain confidence. Spiritual gifts are given to us so that we can have peace in this life and feel secure when we experience disappointments, discouragements, despair, doubts, fears or jealousies." She quotes Elder Packer, "If you learn and earnestly seek the gifts of the Spirit, then you will be competent. The problems will be there, but ... you will find a great solace and comfort and great power will be with you all the time."

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday...late. So glad your day was great, you deserved it!! :-)

nina said...

I'm glad you had a great day. You are loved by everyone. Happy belated birthday!