Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Suggestions to follow when sending your kids to school

I can't believe the summer is over for me. Everyone keeps asking if I am ready to go back to work. Honestly? Not yet! I have to much to do. The garage is coming along but there is still so much to do and so little time. I personally can't do much of it but I have tried to help as much as possible. Anyone out there like to do insulation? Yep, that has been my job. Well, for all you moms out there that will be sending your children to school I would like to make a few suggestions: 1. send them to bed early (six will be fine with me) 2. get them up just before they head out the door but make sure you give them a granola bar and a comb so they can comb their hair and eat at the same time. 3. Have them do there homework when they get home from school this will allow them time to get it done before they have to eat at 5 and bath at 5:30 and then to bed at 6:00. 4. Talk to your children (we love to know what is going on in your life!! I've heard some good ones) 5. Remember to send the teachers thank you gifts (candy is always good!) 6. Volunteer to help (we love to see why the children behave like they do) 7. Call your child's teacher at home and ask why they are getting that low grade (teachers love this!) 8. If you want to get rid of a certain toy send it so school, we will gladly get rid of it for you 9. Remember we love your children (sometimes more than others) 10. Last but not least, forget the above advice and trust us to love your child while they are away from you, we wouldn't be in this field if we didn't love working with the students.

3 comments:

nina said...

That is pretty funny. I think I'll try a few of those ;)

Michelle Thompson said...

I love the advice! I'm glad teachers love my children because they spend a lot of time with them!

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love it! I'll have to use that in the future! :) Best of luck this coming school year!