Sunday, March 22, 2009

Well here I am a month later and still not a lot to say. I went to Phoenix a few weeks ago to the Reading conference. I enjoyed the nice weather and learned a few new things. Bryan, Chelsey and the kids came over last weekend for Wilson's blessing so I had all my grandkids home and it was just fun to watch the little ones play. I've been reading a book called Grief Dancers by Susan Zimmermann and realized that there is a lot all of us can write about. So I would like to share one of my stories I wrote about Kirk. Bare in mind I am not the best of writers but thought it would be good for a laugh, so enjoy. Do you like Ring Around the Roses? I DON'T ! It's not that I always hated it, but as the years melt away my dislike increases. Now you may be thinking about how much fun you had as a child playing this silly game. I too had fun playing it. I remember grabbing hands and hanging on for dear life as those in the circle would go round and round. Sometimes your friends would let go but you'd still dance around and around making yourself sick until your all fell down. Maybe that is when my body started to rebel. Needless to say I stopped playing that game years ago, or so I thought! One day while I was in the kitchen trying to make breakfast for the family, I put a pot of water on to boil for oatmeal. I turned to the fridge to get the milk and juice out, just as I started for the milk container my youngest son who is quite big came in from behind grabbing the oatmeal box. I hurriedly put, down the juice and grabbed the oatmeal, trying to get him away from the stove. While I was moving him along he turned and grabbed the juice container and started running for the sink. I raced after him saving most of the juice (at least the amount that didn't spill and go down the cupboard door). As I tried to clean up that mess, He went for the cereal box again. I dashed over there saving the cereal just in the nick of time. While I put that cereal down and checked on the boiling water, he went back after the juice. I hurriedly grabbed it. Next, he was back at the cereal box (I know some are thinking, man she is a slow learner) this time I was no so fast. Out went the box of oatmeal in to the boiling water. Not just some of it bu the whole NEW box! Flames shot out from under the pan as he tried to stir the mess. While I grabbed him away from that mess and tried to put out the fire he grabbed the juice box! Yes, your right, he dumped the whole thing down the drain. Round in circles, to and fro where we stop nobody knows! Are you up for a game of Ring Around the Roses? I DON'T THINK SO!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Yea! you Blogged! Nice story and can see it all vividly in my mind.

nina said...

What a cute story. Your a much more patient woman that I.