Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Have you ever gone to an amusement park and gone on one of those rides where you go round and round? Well, sometimes my life feels like I'm going round and round without the ride slowing down. I keep thinking things will slow down but they haven't yet. I started teaching two classes for the teachers at school for university credit twice a week. This is keeping me on my toes. Kirk came home for the weekend. The moment he walked in he was going round and round. He took out a pan from the cabinet, put water in it and proceeded to put it on the stove. He wanted to turn on the stove but he didn't quite now how (I'm counting my blessings on that one). Next, he grabbed the box of Cream of Wheat and started to pour it into the water. I quickly grabbed it before it spilled all over that place. Cream of Wheat is NOT fun to clean up (I know from past experiences). Because I wouldn't give the box back to him he went to the cupboard and grabbed a bad of Macaroni, the little kind you make salad with. The bag hadn't been opened so he squeezed the bag until it popped. Out came little macaroni flying all over the floor (I'm still finding the little elbows under my feet). I quickly grabbed the bag while he went looking for something else to put in the water. Finally I told him I would make it for him if he went and sat down. H e went and sat on the couch for a few minutes while I started to fix supper. Of course he didn't want what I fixed so he ate yogurt. The next morning I went to run some errans while Shawnee watched him. While I was gone he seizured. While I was canning peaches he seizured again. Then he seizured again. It is so hard to watch him go through these knowing we can't do anything at the moment. One feels so helpless. Sometime that day he grabbed my camera and twisted the lens and now I know longer have a camera that works. I guess the comment I made after taking his pictured effected him. I had taken a picture of him and told Shawnee, "I have a few shots of him with this pose". He was sitting on the couch leisurely looking like the king of the couch. After our trip to Red Apple to get more cat food, he was so tired he rested for a few minutes. One never knows what he will investigate next so you need to be on your toes at all times. The stories could continue but for lack of space I'll feel the rest to your imaginations:).
Sat. morning Erik was hooking up a heater and didn't realize the power was on and shocked himself. I felt so bad. Juanita came over and helped me finish up the peaches and pears. THANKS! The next day, Sunday was Kirk's birthday, 21 years old. Shawnee made brownies (my favorite) so Juanita and I lit the candles and had him blow them out. We then headed back to Thermopolis to take him back to school. On our way there we came upon a motor cycle accident near Greybull. The body was spread on the ground with the bike over on the side. It was a terrible sight. It really made me realize how fragile life is and how quickly things happen. I offered a prayer in my heart giving thanks that Kirk was okay and that Erik was fine. Kevin goes in for surgery tomorrow. Hopefully all will go well. Life is so short and we never know what is going to happen. Just know that I am so grateful for my children and my husband. I love all my family (those of you out there reading this). Even though sometimes the ride goes round and round and it doesn't seem to slow down, enjoy and rejoice for each moment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my goodness! I was thinking about how all of this. How it seems like it is never ending spinning!! My trials are no where near what you go through. Life is fragile and its a great reminder to take everything day by day and try to enjoy it? :) you are an amazing woman and I admire you. thanks.
This doesn't sound like a merry- go- round. It sounds like your washing machine on the spin cycle.
I didn't know Kevin was having surgery. Hope all turns out okay.
Wow you are a busy woman. I am glad that your family is all doing well too. You are a strong woman and a good role model to all of us.
Love you,
Nina
Post a Comment