Talk about taking time, well I took the time to go over to Gillett to see part of my family there. I was over in Sheridan for a Reading Recovery conference and thought I would make a quick trip over there. I loved it and enjoyed seeing the three H's as well as Bryan and Chelsey. I spent a lot of time outside just watching the little ones play in the dirt and at
Hannah's school playground. Bryan performed for us all. Sorry I forgot to take my camera so no pictures of him showing off.
I loved conference! What a feast provided for us. There were so many messages that spoke to me personally. I am so grateful for those who serve day after day for me.
I had the privilege of watching my new grandson, Weston come into this world. I marveled at how perfect he was from the moment he took his first breath. I could see physical traits of his parents. Then I thought about his spiritual traits. Will he be kind to others, will he serve others? Will he follow in the Savior’s footsteps?
At the beginning of Christ’s mortal ministry, Christ instructed Peter and Andrew, “Come, follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” I can only imagine the inadequacy they might have felt at that moment. Yet, they “straightway left their nets,” and followed him. Then when He saw James and John and called to them they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.
I love that word immediately. They didn’t have to stop and wonder if it was convenient for them or think, “If I follow Him will my life be harder, or will people ridicule or mock me”. No, they dropped everything and followed Him at once or instantly.
What would I do if the Savior came to me directly and said, “Come, follow me?” Would I drop everything and immediately follow Him? Most of us have not or will not be asked to drop everything and immediately follow Him but the invitation is still there, “Come, follow me.”
So how do I follow Him?



No comments:
Post a Comment