Monday, May 30, 2011

Well, I guess it is about time to update the blog since I can't do much outside with all the rain. Kirk and I sit and just look at each other. He has been spending some time with me this week while Janet is out of town with her family. I have enjoyed having him around. He makes life interesting and makes me laugh. I love to watch him put puzzles together and how tolerant he is of his nieces and nephews as they try to 'help'.

School is out for the year but not for me. I get to teach summer school. One of the things I enjoy about summer school is the classroom setting. When I teach during the year it is with 1 to 3 students. Summer School gives me the opportunity to teach math as well as reading.
I have been helping at the fabric shop after school. I really enjoy that but it gets me in trouble with all that lovely material. I have three quilts I need to bind but can't seem to get motivated enough to do it. I have started two more quilts and a few wall hangings. Below are the three quilts I just need to bind and they will be done. I need to get busy and quit being lazy!
Shawnee named hers 'Comfort'. She started it but ran out of time so I finished it for her.
This quilt is called 'Consider the Lilies'. I love the colors and it reminds me of how the Lord will take care of each of us.
This last quilt is called, "Nelly's Gift" my mom loved flowers and this quilt reminds me of all the good things my mom 'Nelly' gave me throughout my life.

2 comments:

nina said...

I like your last quilt, it reminds me of grandma too. I remember how she used to always let me pick a flower so I could put the petals on my ears like earrings. My mom would always tell me not to pick grandma's flowers, but grandma would tell her to just let me :)

Mark & Shayla said...

I love your quilts. They are so beautiful. I especially love that they all have a meaning to you as well. You are so talented.