Sunday, March 7, 2010
Weekend
It was a busy weekend. I took Juanita (my sister) to the airport so she could go and help her daughter, Ivy who is expecting any moment. Because the hour she needed to be at the airport was soooooo early we spent the night in Billings. It was nice to spend some time with her! The next day after resting after getting her to the airport so early I went out shopping. Now, I didn't have anything in mind that I needed so I walked around the famous Wal-Mart picking up a few items. I then headed to Bed Bath and Beyond. Again I wasn't looking for anything, just looking. WELL, that is dangerous. I came out with things to change the color of the living room. New couch cover, pillows, and drapes. On my way home I stopped at the Laural Wal-Mart to pick up a few perishable items now that I was on my way home. Trouble! I came out with paint for one of the bathrooms, new towels, and a floor mat. When I got home I started fixing up the living room. The drapes were to long so I cut them off and re-hemmed them, made a pillow cover and a valance out of the part I cut off, put the seat cover on the coach then headed into the bathroom to paint. When Nicole came in she said, "Wow, you sure are going after it!" I had to admit that I had taken two Anacin and because I am not use to the caffeine my body reacted with lots of energy. I finally went to bed about 12:00 after I read for about an hour and a half. I wanted to finish the first volume of The Kingdom and the Crown by Gerald N. Lund. After finishing that volume I am left with many questions twirling around in my mind. What does it mean to be a true follower of Christ? What do I need to be doing in my life to show that I am a true follower of Christ? Have I willing done all that He asks of me? The key word I think is willingly. I am anxious to start the next volume. It has really made me stop and think. I have been trying to cross reference the works found in the New Testament as well so it has taken me longer to read. I guess that is good because it has made me stop and ponder.
Yesterday I worked for Carrol at the Fabric shop. It was nice to help out and of course I came away with another project in mind. It's a good thing I don't work there very often or I would be totally broke! I did finish a quilt and it is being quilted and should be done tomorrow. I have started another one and I am liking it but there are a million pieces. I'm still struggling with the idea you cut up all this fabric and then sew it back together however, I am starting to find joy in creating something new. (Maybe Carrol will get me to be a true quilter yet!) Other than that it has been a quite weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
WOW!! It doesn't sound like your weekend was quiet at all!! Isn't is a great feeling when the creative juices begin to flow and you are able to accomplish so much!! Good for you!!! :-)
Thanks for sharing your insights on the book!! Sounds like one I need to read!
Wow!! is right! I love it! I laughed when I read that. I hope we can see some pics?? :)
Book sounds great :) time to "make" some time read!
Please post some pics of your changes, I want to see!
She forgot to mention that all of the changing of the living room--including the sewing of the curtains and pillow cover happened in less than an hour! She was on fire! It looks great!
Other than that?
Post a Comment