Saturday, July 18, 2009
I have been helping at the shop every afternoon and enjoying the time to get some sewing done. I have made several things. Carrol is teaching me how to quilt! Not sure if I am ready for the big things but have enjoyed the little squares she is having me make. I have made several table runners and table toppers. I sure appreciate her and her talent. I have learned a great deal from her. Her husband and her took Shawnee's stuff, in the shops trailor, down to Logan on Thursday. Erik and Shawnee followed in the car. My house is bare now. I think Shawnee will be leaving the middle of August. She had to rent the apartment now though to have it secured. She is very anxious about having to start all over but I keep encouraging her. I am afraid she is too much like her mother and is a home body. She has enjoyed being with the little ones and will miss them terribly. Our family reunion went great. Everyone of my brothers and sisters and most of their families were able to come. I had a house full. We also had an extended Mayes reunion on the 4th and there were over 200 there. We had almost 100 just with our family. It was a lot of work but worth it. All of my sister Pauline's girls and their families stayed with me. Mike is coming along on the garage. They poured the driveway this week and he has it almost completely framed in. Erik will be doing the wiring next week then I think they will build the trusses over the dinning room area next. I think he wants to get it done by the time they move in with me in September but I don't think it will be done that quick because he can only work on it after his own work. Nicole is starting a new business and they will be using their house as part of the business. Her mother is moving here and they will then start a group home for Kirk and then they hope to build up the business as time goes on. I hope it works out the way they want it too. If all works out we will move Kirk home in September to his new house. Well enough is enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment